Saturday, July 4, 2009

busy week, blessed week

We finished Neighborhood Bible Time last night. It was such a blessed week. I loved teaching the kids. I was really nervous the first part of the week. In the middle I remembered I should be relying on God's strength and provision not my own. God had a funny way of reminding me about that. I got a kidney infection. Ouch! It was a blessing though because it made me pray and rely on Him to make it through. By the end of the week, I had relaxed on top of everything else and our last night of class was so much fun and went so well that it made a awesome memory to end the week on. Many kids trusted Jesus as their Savior. One, in particular, stole my heart with his sweetness and he trusted Jesus. And, while he is only in 1st grade (I think) I firmly believe in my heart that he understood and is now a brother in Christ. My own Jadon "made the decision to let the Lord lead his life, not my self" (Mr. Mike that was a particularly awesome rally night! What a great illustration of self on the throne for those little guys) Last night was the perfect end to the whole week. Most of the people who had worked so hard all week (we missed you Leslie, Lydia, Jo, Cesar, Joel, Jeanine, Nancy and others) came over for an impromptu BBQ and we watched the fireworks from our house because we got out here at almost 10:00pm way to late to drive over there and try to get a spot. Some of the kids from NBT that accepted Jesus also came. It was so much fun. I am always amazed at the wonderful fellowship that exists amongst God's people. It is so deep and rich and true. Beautiful! I have not laughed and relaxed like that in a while and it was such a blessing. I think we were all surprised to see Pastor take on the Evangelists and give them some good competition at the hoop. I believe he beat them both! The kids had an awesome time playing on the slide and tramp! I had such a great time visiting with my family, brothers, and sisters. Luke and Betsy were even here from Twin. Surprise! Great week! Fabulous night! New friends! New brothers and sisters in Christ! Blessed life! I think that pretty much sums it up nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment