is that I tend to be very idealistic. All the decisions I make, especially at the spur of the moment, are made reflective of my idealism. I commit to various social engagements, plays, piano recitals, dinners, helping out friends, parties, ect. and in my perfect little idealistic world I have just enough time for everything... assuming... nothing goes wrong. Great! until something goes wrong like, oh let's say bronchitis and the flu for me, bronchitis and an ear infection for my Jadon, and an emergency trip to the dentist for Mr. Jadon too because his permanent tooth is coming in where his baby tooth is...still. Now, I am seriously fighting the urge to completely freak out because I am really wondering if I can pull it all together in the real world. Oh if only things were as they are in my Happy Place.
In other news, I got the cutest and sweetest gift in the world from Jadon today. Jadon and Brian, every year, do the "24 Days of Christmas" for me. They go shopping, usually at the dollar store, and buy 24 little gifts. Then, starting on December 1, they give me one gift each day with some sort of little riddle for me to figure out. Today, I received a little porcelain doll. She has deep auburn/ brown hair that is curly and long and she has rosey cheeks on a round, plump, little face. She is wearing a deep purple dress trimmed in red plaid and a matching hat. She is petite and so cute. As soon as I cracked their riddle and found my gift Jadon started jumping around saying he picked her because she looks like me. I really don't see the resemblance but he was quite serious. I laughed, cried, and hugged my dear Jadon. Brian informed me Jadon spent quite some time finding the doll he thought looked just like me. Needless to say, I am going to cherish this little dollar store doll for all my days. She has a place of prominence on my nightstand and will remain there always.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment